Thursday, November 8, 2012

SleepSpeak - Winterbone Pt. 2 & 3

What's crackin' everybody. It's Thursday and I just finished reading some bullshit stories from my English Literature class. Tip to all the aspiring (or even current) writers out there: The whole "let me write a story where literally nothing happens" thing might sound like a good idea but it is anything but. In fact it is the exact opposite. 

Anyway it's been one of those days. No, not one of those days, I mean one of those "nothing is getting released, nothing is really happening" days so I ventured to Reddit to find us all some rad new talent and boy did I find us something good.


This is SleepSpeak and they are a four-man indie rock group from Mississippi. This Tuesday they released a 5 song-long demo. It's pretty sweet and has nice variation throughout it. This does make their overall genre harder to place though. Even in the song I have selected for you guys to hear there is kind of two different genres happening. In the beginning, what I'm assuming is part 2 of Winterbone, there's more of an acoustic rock or indie rock sound but as it progresses into part 3, the sound changes giving it an almost math-rock feel. Listen to the album-artless-track below and check out the full demo on their Bandcamp page. Also, their Facebook page could use more likes so if you really dig their thing, like em!

0 comments:

Post a Comment