Friday, March 8, 2013

NEWS // Small Black releases new single.


I gotta say... I'm not that impressed. It just sounds really lack-luster and unexciting which is not like Small Black. I've been a big fan of theirs since their self titled EP a few years back but, I'm just not thrilled at all by this single and really hope the album wont sound like this.

Now this is partly due to me just not wanting Small Black to stop making chillwave, but not entirely. Even if you ignore what they normally sound like and just listen to this with "fresh ears" it still isn't able to deliver like it should. Although the music might be well done, the vocals sound lifeless and apathetic. I'm not completely giving up hope on this album but we'll see. Maybe they'll surprise me and it'll be fantastic...despite this song.

0 comments:

Post a Comment